Skip to Content
Community Libraries

Poplar Creek LibraryAlthough Streamwood is served by three library districts, most residents enjoy the services of the Poplar Creek Library District. The Poplar Creek Library actually started in Streamwood in 1966. Created by a successful referendum to establish library service for the Village residents, the library was first located in a house on Briarwood Drive. The Library moved into commercial store front space in 1969. It the mid-1970s, the Streamwood Library became Poplar Creek District Library and expanded its service area to include areas of Hanover Park. In 1976, ground was broken for a new main branch building on Park Avenue. In 1980, the Library became a Federal and State document depository. And, in 2009, the Poplar Creek Library underwent a major expansion, more than doubling in size!

Residents who live west of Route 59 are served by the Gail Borden Library District. Its main branch office is located on North Grove Avenue in Elgin. Residents who live east of Barrington Road are served by the Schaumburg Township District Library. Its main branch is located at Roselle and Schaumburg Roads in Schaumburg. All of these Districts have reciprocal agreements. This allows residents from each district to share and use the facilities from each district.

Poplar Creek Library
1405 S. Park Boulevard
Streamwood
(630) 837-6800
Gail Borden Library
270 North Grove Avenue
Elgin
(847) 742-2411
Schaumburg Township Library
130 S. Roselle Road
Schaumburg
(847) 985-4000