Identity theft is on the rise in Streamwood. It is probably our number one growing crime in this area. Help protect yourself by taking the following precautions.
- Promptly remove mail from your mailbox after delivery
- Deposit outgoing mail only in post office collection boxes, not residential mailboxes
- Limit personal information to credit providers, solicitors, mail orders, Internet purchases, etc.
- Shred all financial documents before discarding them
- Limit the number of credit cards you own
- Run a credit report annually on yourself
- Don't leave passwords in your wallet, purse, etc.
For additional information on how to protect your good name and credit, download our brochure on Preventing Identity Theft.