Skip To Content
Learn more about Streamwood's sites of interest.

Sites of Interest Map


1 Fire Station No. 1
1204 S. Park Avenue
  Fire Station 1The oldest Fire Station in the Village. Built in 1972, it serves as the Department’s main training center.  It primarily houses administrative staff.  It also serves as a 'jump' company station, depending on staffing levels.
2 Fire Station No. 2
900 W. Irving Park Road
  Fire Station 2The newest Fire Station, it replaced the original Fire Station, which was located on Cypress and Bartlett.  The Station was completed in 2002 and is considered a satellite facility because it houses three to four fire personnel with one ambulance and one squad company serving the growing western side of the Village.
3 Fire Station No. 3
1095 E. Schaumburg
  Fire Station 3This is the administrative center of the Fire Department.  Built in 1992, it houses four fire personnel, three administrative staff, one engine, one ambulance and one Hazard Materials Response vehicle as well as the offices of the Fire Chief.
4 Municipal Complex – Village Hall, Police Department and Veterans Memorial

The award-winning Ceremonial Circle and Village Hall are distinctive elements representing the center of our community.Village Hall
301 E. Irving Park Road
Built in 1989, the administrative offices of the Village government including offices for the Village President and Board and Council Chambers.  Water bills, building permits and job applications are available here.  Village Hall also houses a satellite campus of Elgin Community College and Roosevelt University.

Police Department
401 E. Irving Park Road
The Police Department anchors the east side of the municipal campus. The Police Department building was built in 2007 and its staff is responsible for patrolling the streets, crime prevention, D.A.R.E. programming, special investigations and tactical operations. The Department also has a police liaison officer program in our local schools.

The memorial lists all of the military engagements that the United States has been in since the Revolutionary War. Veterans Memorial
Dedicated in 1991, this memorial sits between the Village Hall and Police Department.  The memorial lists all of the military engagements that the United States has been in since the Revolutionary War.  It is one of the only memorials in the country that honors all veterans, including women, from every branch of the armed services.

5 Poplar Creek Forest Preserve
Route 59 and Schaumburg Road
  Poplar Creek Forest PreserveStreamwood is bounded by 4,500 acres of beautiful forest preserves on its northern border.  The Poplar Creek Forest Preserve provides hiking, biking, horseback riding and picnic areas.  A wide variety of fresh water fish are located in its streams and lakes.  There is also a restored sample of the original Illinois prairie.
6 Hoosier Grove Park - Hoosier Grove Park, Farmstead and Museum
700 W. Irving Park Road

Hoosier Grove MuseumHoosier Grove Barn and Park
Hoosier Grove Park is a 20 acre park which is the site of many community events such as Summer Celebration, Pumpkinfest and the annual Easter Egg roll.  The park houses an 1888 barn original to the site.  The barn, restored in 1993 as a banquet facility, is joined by an old farmhouse, stable and schoolhouse, reminding visitors what life in the Village was like when the area was a farming community.

Hoosier Grove Schoolhouse Museum
Built in 1904, Hoosier Grove School was a one-room schoolhouse which educated the children of the area prior to Streamwood’s incorporation as a Village in 1957.  Classes continued at the school until 1954.  It was the last country school operated in Hanover Township.  Originally located at the southwest corner of Barrington and Church (now Schaumburg) Roads, the building was moved to Hoosier Grove Park in 1988 and serves as the community’s museum.

7 Poplar Creek Public Library
1405 S. Park Avenue
  Poplar Creek LibraryPoplar Creek Public Library offers a vast array of books, written material, services and educational/recreational programs for all ages.  The Library is a registered government depository which means that all federal and state publications are stored and maintained at the library.
8 Streamwood Oaks Golf Course
565 S. Madison
  Streamwood Oaks Golf CourseStreamwood Oaks is a municipally-owned, nine-hole golf course open to the public.  Operated by the Village, this 3,404 yard championship course was designated one of the most challenging golf courses in Illinois.
9 Park Place Family Recreation Center
505 S. Park Boulevard

Park Place offers two indoor pools.A state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor basketball courts, indoor aquatic center, aerobics studio and indoor elevated track are the highlights of this facility which opened in 1995.

Services are available to residents of all ages including fitness class babysitting, a children’s indoor play area, stress management, massage therapy, tanning salon and Senior Center.

10 Historic Church and Cemetery

Immanuel United Church of ChristImmanuel United Church of Christ
1500 Old Church Road
Immanuel United Church of Christ was originally founded by German immigrants that moved to this area.  The interior of the church bears an inscription over the altar, in German, which represents its original heritage. Built in 1868, this is the oldest building in Streamwood and one of the oldest churches in the region.

Immanuel United CemeteryImmanuel Cemetery
1490 Old Church Road
The cemetery located adjacent to the church shows the stability of farm families that grew up in and around the area.  Multiple generations might be christened, married and buried at the church.  Some of the graves in this cemetery date back to the original founding of the congregation in 1852.

11 Sunny Hill Park
1480 W Irving Park Road
  Splash PadStreamwood Park District's newest regional park. This 24-acre site has basketball and tennis courts, skate park, walking and biking trails, picnic shelters and two playgrounds. 

Sunny Hill offers fun year-round.  Enjoy the splash pad in the summer, or the sled hill and outdoor ice rink in the winter.
12 Streamwood High School
700 W Schaumburg Road
  Streamwood High SchoolStreamwood High School opened in 1978. It offers an excellent education as one of five high schools in the U-46 District.  Home of the Sabres, the school is part of the Upstate Eight Athletic Conference. 

The school is also part of School District U-46's Academy Program.  The Academy Program offers specialized education in various fields.  Streamwood is home to the World Languages program.

Back To Top