Date of Event: Saturday, October 31, 2020
While the Village does not
encourage trick-or-treating during the pandemic, we recognize the tradition, and offer guidelines designed to keep everyone safe.
- Hours for trick-or-treating are October 31, from 3:00-7:00 pm.
- Those who participate in Halloween trick-or-treating should observe basic safety, courtesy and common sense guidelines.
- If you are feeling sick, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 - do not trick-or-treat.
- Trick-or-treaters should use hand sanitizer while trick-or-treating.
- A traditional Halloween mask is not a substitute for a proper face covering, which should cover the nose and mouth, and must be worn at all times.
- Halloween trick-or-treaters should observe social distancing recommendations, travel only with members of their own household, and should wait to approach a house until a previous group has left.
- Those who offer candy are encouraged to turn their porch lights on, wear proper face coverings and gloves, consider distributing non-candy items that parents can easily sanitize like pencils, stickers or erasers, and hand items out individually rather than allowing treats to be taken from a communal bowl.
- As an alternative, consider using a no-contact method such as placing treats on a table for easy collection at the end of a driveway or yard.
- Residents and trick-or-treaters are asked to be respectful of others and their decisions to participate or not participate in trick-or-treating this year.