Cook County Mitigation
Date of Event:
April 30 - Update
Cook County has announced new mitigation efforts in the region effective April 30
. This makes changes to current mitigation measures, increasing capacity limits in a few sectors, including:
Re-opening metrics will continue to be monitored and mitigation strategies will be revised further as indicated.
- Indoor restaurant capacity is increased to 50 percent capacity or 100 individuals, whichever is smaller.
- Outdoor social events, such as weddings, proms and potlucks increase to lesser of 50% capacity or 100 people.
- Fully vaccinated people will be exempt from the capacity count for private social events, such as weddings.
- Higher capacity for indoor and outdoor seated spectator events, theater and performing arts in large venues (ticketed and seated) with a capacity of 200 or more to 25 percent. Indoor events with capacity less than 200 stay at 50 percent capacity with no more than 50 people.
- Festivals and general admission outdoor spectator events increase to 15 people per 1,000 square feet.