Skip To Content

Public Works maintains paper copies of flood plain maps for our community. You can view these maps at the Public Works office located at 565 S. Bartlett Road from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.  However, these maps are also available on-line from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website. Simply click here and enter your address to view the flood maps for your specific area.

FEMA also manages the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), in which the Village participates. NFIP makes federally-backed flood insurance available for property owners, whether or not property is within a regulated flood zone.  For more information on the Flood Insurance Program, please call NFIP, toll free, at (800) 638-6620, or click here to go to their website.

Flood Insurance

The floodplain maps used by lending institutions to determine if a home or other building is within the regulated flood zone and if flood insurance is required before they issue a loan.  The flood insurance is required by law and cannot be waived unless the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) issues a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) stating that the structure is not located in the regulated flood zone.

Obtaining a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)

To obtain a LOMA, the homeowner must submit, to FEMA, elevation information certifying that the building or the property is above the regulator floodplain.  If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at (630) 736-3850. Elevation information must be certified by a Licensed Land Surveyor or Regisered Professional Engineer.